There are promises broken and promises kept
Angry words that were spoken, when I should have wept
There's a chapter of secrets, and words to confess
If I lose everything that I possess
There's a chapter on loss and a ghost who won't die
There's a chapter on love where the ink's never dry
There are sentences served in a prison I built out of lies.
Welcome to Flickering Pages, a community which will hopefully provide inspiration and help to all the would-be poets and novelists out there.
HOW IT WORKS
Once every few days someone, most likely the mod, will post a prompt of some sort. It can be a word, a short piece of prose, a poem, a set of lyrics, a song, or an image. Members can respond with their own writing, whether it be in the form of fiction, poetry or anything else.
01. Constructive criticism only. Don't bash anyone's work, 'kay?
02. If you're posting adult material, please place it under an LJ cut.
03. Feel free to post prompts of your own! If something inspires you, share it.
04. Post your responses in separate entries.
05. Tag your entries using your name and the prompt number
06. Respond to the writing of other members! We're all in this together, right?